Tuesday 17 April 2012

Fortnight Off, Forthright On!

That title makes no sense what-so-ever, but it doesn't have to.

Hello friends!
Head on over to the concept art page to see more concept art, including the first finished background of the animation!  IT'S THE BREAK ROOM!  You'll see that there is a draft sketch, but that looked too 2D, so with a bit of help from Neale a while back I made it look more 3D.  I'm really happy with it.

Also featured is some work done by Darren.  He's brilliant, and if I had half the talent he had I'd be more confident for whatever I do next year!

At the moment I'm scouting talent for another background - I want someone who's good at digitial painting to paint a beautiful mountain range with the sun etc for the backdrop in the piano hall.  But I don't want it to be a cartoony thing with a Photoshop effect, or a photo with a Photoshop effect.  A friend of mine is asking her boyfriend for some of his work so I can see, and he only lives 6 houses away from me so that's easy!

I've gotta start sorting out voices, because I want the final voice track recorded by the end of Term 2.  My sister's going to do the minion's voice when it repeats Dr Phil, and I'll do Dr Phil's voice.  I will most probably do The Inspectors voice, too.  But I'll sort that out over the next month or so!

Cheers kids!

Jarrod

No comments:

Post a Comment