Wednesday 10 October 2012

Today, I Worked Like A Bitch

Hello.
Today, I worked like a bitch.

I was able to get the foot stomp complete, and I sorted out the problems I had with the Hell background.  That will need to be re-rendered out, and the old footage replaced with that one in After effects.

I also played with shadows.  I found shadows that go on the ground and look amazing, so I'm pretty happy with those.  There's still a bit to go with the shadows on the characters, though.  I found one, Bevel-Shadow I believe it's called.  It looks okay, not great.  And it doesn't seem to show up at all on Lucifer.  But now I think about it, I could have been putting the effect on a different layer!  I'm gonna go double check after this.
EDIT: I must have put it on the wrong layer.  I put it on the right layer and it looks great.

I've almost finished my 2000 word exegesis, and I still have a bit more to talk about.  I need to refer to 3 different academic things, only 1 can be online.  Thats fine though, I have 2 animation books at home I can use.  I just need to decide where to put them in.

Next Tuesday Jack and I are gonna work on the roller coaster shot.  I'm (re: jack) am making a quick mock up in Maya, then I can draw over that, and rotoscrope the car on it, so that I get the angle-ing right.  I think that's gonna be my biggest task, but it doesn't seem impossible.

I'm feeling really confident, but we'll see how I'm feeling in a few weeks.

BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment